Coco: Family member, companion, and amazing friend! He will be forever missed but not forgotten!

Coco: Family member, companion, and amazing friend! He will be forever missed but not forgotten!
February 07- January 2010

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things like this sadden me

Lately in the news I am hearing to many stories about dog being killed, and it seems that almost always it is a pit bull. I will be posting a few links that you can read and see some of the stories that I am referring to. I am so saddened by this and I know that our situation is not entirely the same as some, but the end result is death of a family pet, and it is that end result that has got to stop. Coco is not with us today because of ignorance and fear of a police officer. That statement is mild compared to what I would really like to say, but I do have to keep in mind that we want to take the high road! We miss Coco every day and the more times I hear about pit bulls being shot the more I wish I could hold him just one more time.

Today I was contacted by the people who owned this pit bull and also by someone that was at the incident. My heart goes out to them because I know how they feel. They are going to be engaging on a journey for justice just as we did. I do not know all the facts and I am not in anyway putting fault on any party, but I am saying once again an pit bull is dead because of an officer who could not think of another way to handle his fear(keep in mind alleged fear!)
http://www.news-press.com/comments/article/20101109/NEWS0101/101109044/Cape-Coral-police-officers-cleared-in-shooting-death-of-dog

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I how's the fight to get justice for Coco going? How are you? How's everything? =) If you can, please update us @ Animal Connection, we'd really love to hear some updates, hopefully good ones! Take care, and so glad to have met you!
    http://animalconnection.ning.com/

    ~Liddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy pic.
    Pets are human's best friends. Lots of people always need to bring pets belong to them when they go out. But in many instances, people can not bring pets with them.

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of Coco


Please hear our voice

Spreading the word as far as we can!