Coco: Family member, companion, and amazing friend! He will be forever missed but not forgotten!

Coco: Family member, companion, and amazing friend! He will be forever missed but not forgotten!
February 07- January 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Support amazes me!

I am constantly on a daily basis being shown how many people out there both in our town and all around the state and the world really care about this whole situation and really care about how they can help us get our word out there. We have two different petition sites as well as this blog and we are doing well on each of them. The first petition site which is on here has over 600 signatures and the second petition which is on Change.org has almost 300 signatures. All of those signatures together are from all over the world. This battle that we are waging on animal cruelty, BSL, and animal injustice is hitting many people in a mighty way. It is something that affects all of us who love and adore animals.
Wearing our Justice for Coco shirts to different places and while passing out fliers, it amazes me how many people stop us and want to know what exactly happened to Coco, what is BSL, and what are we trying to do. I have spoke with people on the phone who the minute I say Coco, know just who I am and what I am trying to do. We have met so many different people that have shared many different views with us. Some of those views come with strong opinions and many of them have helped us explore avenues that we didn't even know about. An overwhelming majority is pro-Coco, but every once in awhile we will get a strong anti-Coco. While walking in the Edison Parade I had one person look at me and tell me that my dog deserved to die. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to fight the urge to fire back with negative words of my own. I just turned and continued passing fliers out to people. If I would have responded it would have just given people a bitter taste in their mouth of me. We have to be bigger and better than that, it is not easy, but we try to just let those negative comments roll off our back because everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and they are able to voice them. Those are just the opinions that we don't quite agree with! (LOL!) It is often overwhelming to hear so many people wanting to know exactly what is Justice for Coco. While walking down the road before passing out fliers we heard some many people reading our shirts and questioning out loud what it was all about. Each member of our family, as well as some friends have Justice for Coco shirts so people are definitely seeing a united front when it comes to our family. It gives us such a sense of pride to know that in wearing our shirts, it is really making a difference. I know that there are so many times I have seen people reading a shirt in public and I look down at the shirt and think that what it says is so meaningless. In wearing these Justice for Coco shirts, I know the meaning behind it, and it makes it that much better!
I sometimes wish I could just get everyone together in one place and be able to tell my story so that everyone was on the same page. That is a big reason for this blog so that we have a place, a sounding board, to do just that. We just need your help in making sure supporters like you know just how to get onto our page, know how to become followers, and who will help spread the word.
Last night while out, we were stopped by a couple who spoke with my husband about our story and by the time the conversation was over the female handed my husband $10.00 and said she wanted to be the first donation to the Coco fund. This was overwhelming to us because we never imagined that such a gesture would come into play. We spoke with the couple about our gratitude and I explained that we never wanted people to look at us and think we were doing the things that we do for money or anything like that, and she looked at me and said, "It take money"! I kind of laughed, but she is so right. Everything that we are trying to do is money related and sometimes I get a little discouraged and wonder how we will ever be able to manage everything, and for some reason little things like this donation just seem to put it all into perspective and I am reminded that with faith all things are possible! As a child my parents taught us children to always stand up for something no matter what it was, and we were told that if we truly believed in something then to not let it drop. It is the principle behind it that makes it worth the fight. As an adult I am reminded of the country song that says: you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. Well we are standing for something and this Justice for Coco is something that we feel strongly about, and we will continue to stand, continue to wear shirts in his memory, and will continue to ask for your ongoing support. If we don't take a stand and speak up for our animal, who will?
I just like to be able to check in with everyone and let you know my thoughts, update you on our progress, and also to let you know we are still out there going strong. We know this fight will not end over night, and we know that we have to be in it for the long haul.
If any one has any questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on here or through our email at cygor64@gmail.com.
Again thank you all so much for your ongoing support. Please don't forget while you are visiting our blog to click on the FOLLOW tab and become a member of our blog. This allows you to post comments, view all updates, and even have email notifications when new posts and comments are added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow of Coco


Please hear our voice

Spreading the word as far as we can!