Coco: Family member, companion, and amazing friend! He will be forever missed but not forgotten!

Coco: Family member, companion, and amazing friend! He will be forever missed but not forgotten!
February 07- January 2010

Monday, January 25, 2010

Update on how things are going

We met with internal affairs this morning and didn't get much of a response. They will investigate the way we were treated, but not the firing of the gun, nor the shooting and killing of Coco. They said that being what "breed" it was, they are allowed through procedure to go ahead and shoot. This was not what we wanted to hear, though the man spoke with great clarity it all seemed to make sure the officer was not in the wrong.
On a good note we spoke with Wink News this morning and are waiting on a reporter to call us back. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for a chance to have the media get our voice out there.
Another good note is that I have been speaking to Ryan Lengerich with the Fort Myers News Press and he has been so helpful and compassionate.  I have sent him some information that he wanted to view. We are hoping that he will run with the story. It was the first hump just getting someone to listen to me. I will continue to keep you posted as more people respond to us. Don't forget to help us spread the word by posting our link where ever you can and please have family, friends, and coworkers do the same thing! Thank you so much!

6 comments:

  1. sorry for you lost.that god gives you peace for you hearth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for the Justice of Coco. The killing of im was wrong and dispicable. He was a truly beautiful dog, and a special family member I'm sure. I had a Pit years ago, she was the bet dog i'd had, and one of my first pets at that. I'll be watching for any news on Coco. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cain, thank you so much for your kind words. We are going to continue to update as much as we can as things happen. Please get the word out there to others who have a heart just like you!
    Ivette, thank you also for your post. I think that true peace will come when we are able to start seeing some justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please know I stand for the justice of Coco with you. I have trained many dogs in my time and these breeds have a bad name made by bad people. It is NOT the dogs... I have owned Pits, Rotts, Dobbies and other strong dogs. They have huge hearts and are mis-understood by many. May God Bless you with the justice you seek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just had a comment left on here, that I removed that was telling us to get over ourselves, please readers let me make myself clear, this is not about media attention or anything for ourselves! We can not replace Coco nor do we want to. We are getting somewhere with this fight and we will continue it. It does not matter to us how long it takes. The public support that we have received is overwhelming. We have gotten some rather rude comments, but many of them that were displayed in a proper manner have been left for our readers to see the opinions of others. This last comment though was just hateful, and I do not feel that telling us that all of this issue is our fault and maybe us learning a lesson will help us with our other dogs is helpful. The comment left me a little aggravated because they appear to have no heart regarding this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know a few people that own pit bulls and not one of them has a mean bone in their body. i'm very sorry you lost a member of your family. i own a half boxer/half masstiff that is a brindle and believe it or not, he gets mistakin for a pit ALL the time. i even had to switch my homeowners insurance because they wouldn't cover him. information fights ignorance..keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Slideshow of Coco


Please hear our voice

Spreading the word as far as we can!